By Thomas Leitch,Leland Poague
- Contains thirty chapters through the prime Hitchcock scholars
- Covers his lengthy profession, from his earliest contributions to different administrators’ silent motion pictures to his final uncompleted final film
- Details the iconic legacy he left to filmmakers and audiences alike
Read or Download A Companion to Alfred Hitchcock (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) PDF
Similar film & video art books
Frequently thought of the bottom intensity to which the cinema can plummet, the rape-revenge movie has been pushed aside as exploitative and sensational, catering to a demented demographic. basically on such infrequent events as Ingmar Bergman’s The Virgin Spring, John Boorman’s Deliverance and Quentin Tarantino’s loss of life facts has the rape-revenge motion picture transcended what's as a rule assumed to be its intrinsically exploitative nature and moved into the mainstream.
The flow: impact, edition, and New views on constancy bargains a brand new viewpoint at the advanced interrelations among literature and cinema. It does so by way of articulating an 'affective flip' for version experiences, a box whose conventional concentration has been the serious castigation of movie diversifications of canonical performs or novels.
An extraordinary examine Spike Lee’s artistic appropriation of the documentary movie style. during this groundbreaking e-book, Delphine Letort sheds gentle on a missed a part of Spike Lee’s filmmaking by means of delivering a unprecedented examine his artistic engagement with the style of documentary filmmaking. starting from background to activities and song, Lee has tackled a variety of subject matters in such nonfiction motion pictures as four Little ladies, A Huey P.
The longest-running movie ever. The coming-of-age of 1 of Indian cinema s greatest superstars, Shah Rukh Khan. The template for what we now be aware of as Bollywood cinema. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, taking part in constantly for 20 years (and counting) in a Mumbai theatre, heralded a brand new period in Hindi movies.
- Richard Matheson on Screen: A History of the Filmed Works
- Robot Ecology and the Science Fiction Film (Routledge Focus on Film Studies)
- The Cinema of George A. Romero: Knight of the Living Dead (Directors' Cuts)
- WHO Won?!? An Irreverent Look at the Oscars, Volume 2: 1944-1952
- Producer to Producer: A Step-By-Step Guide to Low Budgets Independent Film Producing
- George Gallup in Hollywood (Film and Culture Series)
Extra info for A Companion to Alfred Hitchcock (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)