By Lisa A. Eaton,Seth C. Kalichman
Biomedical Advances in HIV Prevention: Social and Behavioral Perspectives
Lisa A. Eaton and Seth C. Kalichman, editors
Three many years into the epidemic, very much is understood approximately HIV and its transmission, extra individuals are dwelling with the affliction, and the virus isn't any longer noticeable as a dying sentence. yet new humans stay contaminated with HIV every year, making prevention options which are medically powerful and behaviorally enticing as pressing a concern as ever.
Biomedical Advances in HIV Prevention: Social and Behavioral Perspectives assembles the most recent advancements, limitations to implementation, and probabilities for--and challenges to--future growth. concepts resembling pre-exposure prophylaxis (antiretroviral regimens for the high-risk uninfected) and remedy as prevention (early use of paintings to lessen infectiousness of recent sufferers) are tested, as are present findings on ongoing prevention and remedy concerns.
Contributors light up the complicated realities entailing adherence, mentioning technological, behavioral, and cultural roadblocks in addition to possibilities to noticeably decrease an infection charges. exact up to the moment assurance includes:
- Prevention providers for people residing with HIV
- Adherence to HIV therapy as prevention and pre-exposure prophylaxis
- Advocating for rectal microbicides and secure lubricants
- Mental overall healthiness and substance use within the scale-up of HIV prevention
- Risk repayment in accordance with HIV prevention
- Implementing biomedical HIV prevention advances: experiences from South Africa, Uganda, Australia, Thailand, usa, Ecuador, and Peru
Researchers, practitioners, and coverage makers operating within the fields of HIV/AIDS and public overall healthiness will glance towards Biomedical Advances in HIV Prevention: Social and Behavioral Perspectives as either a way for constructing and assessing present courses and a blueprint for the following new release of prevention efforts.
Read Online or Download Biomedical Advances in HIV Prevention: Social and Behavioral Perspectives PDF
Best medical administration & policy books
EMQs are an more and more well known approach to assessing how wide an information of medication an undergraduate pupil has bought. they could, despite the fact that, be tricky to arrange for, and find out how to construct knowing and self belief is with perform. EMQs in scientific medication is a useful revision publication which provides a hundred key EMQs overlaying the most fields of medication and surgical procedure.
This quantity seems to be on the key hyperlinks among social determinants, health and wellbeing disparities and health and wellbeing and health and wellbeing care. there's a specific concentrate on macro-level structures and micro-level matters, together with the exam of matters for sufferers, carers and companies of care.
Behavioral economics has capability to supply novel ideas to a couple of contemporary so much urgent public illnesses: How can we convince humans to devour fit and shed weight? How can healthiness execs converse future health hazards in a manner that's heeded? How can foodstuff labeling be transformed to notify fit meals offerings?
Dr. Stephen ok. Klasko proposes a unprecedented, even technology fiction, occasion the place a no-blaming dialog in regards to the healthcare method results in an confident new destiny. because of this bending of the time-space continuum, even Democrats and Republicans locate they could collaborate on 12 disruptive alterations.
- Erfolgreich IGeLn: Analyse - Organisation - Vermarktung (Erfolgskonzepte Praxis- & Krankenhaus-Management) (German Edition)
- Angewandtes Gesundheitsmarketing (German Edition)
- Management Accounting in Health Care Organizations (Jossey-Bass Public Health)
- Future Uses of the Department of Defense Joint Pathology Center Biorepository
- Gesundheitsökonomie und das deutsche Gesundheitswesen: Ein praxisorientiertes Lehrbuch für Studium und Beruf (German Edition)
- Financial Management In Health Services (Understanding Public Health)
Additional info for Biomedical Advances in HIV Prevention: Social and Behavioral Perspectives