By John Dececco Phd,Wayne M Bryant,John P. De Cecco
- Who, or what, is a bisexual?
- How have been bisexual characters represented in silent movie, sooner than the forces of censorship banned them from the screen?
- What bisexual myths and stereotypes are portrayed on film?
- What is the position of “camp” in bisexual film?Bisexual Characters in movie is a distinct source for researchers; librarians; movie pageant planners; the queer media; professors and scholars of lesbian, homosexual, and bisexual experiences; bisexual activists; and common bisexual, homosexual, lesbian, and transgendered readers. It offers a much-needed view of bisexual representations in an immense phase of our renowned culture.
Read or Download Bisexual Characters in Film: From Ana¿s to Zee (Haworth Gay and Lesbian Studies) PDF
Best film & video art books
Frequently thought of the bottom intensity to which the cinema can plummet, the rape-revenge movie has been disregarded as exploitative and sensational, catering to a demented demographic. in simple terms on such infrequent events as Ingmar Bergman’s The Virgin Spring, John Boorman’s Deliverance and Quentin Tarantino’s demise facts has the rape-revenge motion picture transcended what's in general assumed to be its intrinsically exploitative nature and moved into the mainstream.
The float: have an effect on, model, and New views on constancy bargains a brand new point of view at the advanced interrelations among literature and cinema. It does so via articulating an 'affective flip' for variation experiences, a box whose conventional concentration has been the severe castigation of movie variations of canonical performs or novels.
A unprecedented examine Spike Lee’s inventive appropriation of the documentary movie style. during this groundbreaking booklet, Delphine Letort sheds mild on a ignored a part of Spike Lee’s filmmaking via delivering a unprecedented examine his artistic engagement with the style of documentary filmmaking. starting from background to activities and tune, Lee has tackled a variety of subject matters in such nonfiction motion pictures as four Little ladies, A Huey P.
The longest-running movie ever. The coming-of-age of 1 of Indian cinema s greatest superstars, Shah Rukh Khan. The template for what we now recognize as Bollywood cinema. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, enjoying consistently for two decades (and counting) in a Mumbai theatre, heralded a brand new period in Hindi movies.
- Terrence Malick (Contemporary Film Directors)
- Film and Television Scores, 1950–1979: A Critical Survey by Genre
- Worth Your Time? : Movies & TV 2015-16
- Adventures in Reading Cormac McCarthy
Additional info for Bisexual Characters in Film: From Ana¿s to Zee (Haworth Gay and Lesbian Studies)