By Alan Agresti
Praise for the second one Edition
"A must-have booklet for someone looking ahead to to do study and/or purposes in express information analysis."
—Statistics in Medicine
"It is a complete pride studying this book."
"If you do any research of specific facts, this is often an important machine reference."
The use of statistical tools for examining express information has elevated dramatically, rather within the biomedical, social sciences, and fiscal industries. Responding to new advancements, this booklet bargains a complete therapy of crucial equipment for specific info analysis.
Categorical facts research, 3rd Edition summarizes the most recent tools for univariate and correlated multivariate specific responses. Readers will discover a unified generalized linear versions procedure that connects logistic regression and Poisson and damaging binomial loglinear types for discrete info with basic regression for non-stop info. This version additionally features:
- An emphasis on logistic and probit regression equipment for binary, ordinal, and nominal responses for autonomous observations and for clustered facts with marginal types and random results models
- Two new chapters on replacement tools for binary reaction information, together with smoothing and regularization equipment, class equipment comparable to linear discriminant research and type bushes, and cluster analysis
- New sections introducing the Bayesian technique for tactics in that chapter
- More than a hundred analyses of information units and over six hundred exercises
- Notes on the finish of every bankruptcy that offer references to contemporary examine and themes now not lined within the textual content, associated with a bibliography of greater than 1,200 sources
- A supplementary web site displaying how one can use R and SAS; for all examples within the textual content, with info additionally approximately SPSS and Stata and with workout solutions
Categorical info research, 3rd Edition is a useful software for statisticians and methodologists, resembling biostatisticians and researchers within the social and behavioral sciences, drugs and public healthiness, advertising, schooling, finance, organic and agricultural sciences, and commercial caliber control.
Read or Download Categorical Data Analysis (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics) PDF
Similar data mining books
Prior to now decade there was an explosion in computation and knowledge expertise. With it have come large quantities of knowledge in a number of fields akin to medication, biology, finance, and advertising and marketing. The problem of knowing those facts has ended in the improvement of latest instruments within the box of data, and spawned new components reminiscent of information mining, laptop studying, and bioinformatics.
Clustering is still a colourful region of study in statistics. even supposing there are lots of books in this subject, there are particularly few which are good based within the theoretical elements. In strong Cluster research and Variable choice, Gunter Ritter provides an outline of the speculation and functions of probabilistic clustering and variable choice, synthesizing the main learn result of the final 50 years.
Key FeaturesTargets giant and widespread markets the place refined internet apps are of desire and value. useful examples of establishing computing device studying internet program, that are effortless to stick to and mirror. A accomplished instructional on Python libraries and frameworks to get you up and began. publication DescriptionPython is a common objective and in addition a relatively effortless to profit programming language.
This quantity comprises 69papers provided at ICICT 2015: overseas Congress on info andCommunication know-how. The convention used to be held in the course of ninth and 10thOctober, 2015, Udaipur, India and arranged by means of CSI Udaipur bankruptcy, DivisionIV, SIG-WNS, SIG-e-Agriculture in organization with ACM Udaipur ProfessionalChapter, The establishment of Engineers (India), Udaipur neighborhood Centre and MiningEngineers organization of India, Rajasthan Udaipur bankruptcy.
- Modern Analytics Methodologies: Driving Business Value with Analytics (FT Press Analytics)
- Data Mining (De Gruyter Studium) (German Edition)
- Introduction to Bio-Ontologies (Chapman & Hall/CRC Mathematical and Computational Biology)
- Data Mining with R: Learning with Case Studies (Chapman & Hall/CRC Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Series)
- Statistical Modeling and Analysis for Database Marketing: Effective Techniques for Mining Big Data
Additional resources for Categorical Data Analysis (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)