By Sandeep Yarabarla
- Install Cassandra and organize multi-node clusters
- Design wealthy schemas that trap the relationships among varied facts types
- Master the complex gains to be had in Cassandra 3.x via a step by step instructional and construct a scalable, excessive functionality database layer
Cassandra is a disbursed database that sticks out because of its powerful function set and intuitive interface, whereas supplying excessive availability and scalability of a disbursed information shop. This ebook will introduce you to the wealthy function set provided through Cassandra, and empower you to create and deal with a hugely scalable, performant and fault-tolerant database layer.
The e-book begins through explaining the hot good points carried out in Cassandra 3.x and get you place up with Cassandra. Then you are going to stroll via info modeling in Cassandra and the wealthy characteristic set to be had to layout a versatile schema. subsequent you will learn how to create tables with composite partition keys, collections and user-defined kinds and get to grasp diverse how to keep away from denormalization of information. you are going to then continue to create user-defined features and aggregates in Cassandra. Then, you'll manage a multi node cluster and spot how the dynamics of Cassandra switch with it. ultimately, you are going to enforce a few application-level optimizations utilizing a Java client.
By the tip of this publication, you may be totally built to construct strong, scalable Cassandra database layers in your applications.
What you are going to learn
- Install Cassandra
- Create keyspaces and tables with a number of clustering columns to arrange comparable data
- Use secondary indexes and materialized perspectives to prevent denormalization of data
- Effortlessly deal with concurrent updates with assortment columns
- Ensure information integrity with light-weight transactions and logged batches
- Understand eventual consistency and use the suitable consistency point to your situation
- Understand info distribution with Cassandra
- Develop basic software utilizing Java driving force and enforce application-level optimizations
About the Author
Sandeep Yarabarla is a certified software program engineer operating for Verizon Labs, established out of Palo Alto, CA. After graduating from Carnegie Mellon college, he has labored on numerous giant info applied sciences for a spectrum of businesses. He has constructed purposes essentially in Java and Go.
His event comprises dealing with quite a lot of unstructured and dependent facts in Hadoop, and constructing info processing functions utilizing Spark and MapReduce. at once, he's operating with a few state-of-the-art applied sciences akin to Cassandra, Kafka, Mesos, and Docker to construct fault-tolerant and hugely scalable applications.
Table of Contents
- Getting Up and operating with Cassandra
- The First Table
- Organizing comparable Data
- Beyond Key-Value Lookup
- Establishing Relationships
- Denormalizing info for optimum Performance
- Expanding Your facts Model
- Collections, Tuples, and User-Defined Types
- Aggregating Time-Series Data
- How Cassandra Distributes Data
- Cassandra Multi-Node Cluster
- Application improvement utilizing the Java Driver
- Peeking lower than the Hood
- Authentication and Authorization
Read Online or Download Learning Apache Cassandra - Second Edition PDF
Similar data mining books
In the past decade there was an explosion in computation and data expertise. With it have come tremendous quantities of information in quite a few fields comparable to medication, biology, finance, and advertising. The problem of figuring out those info has ended in the advance of latest instruments within the box of data, and spawned new parts equivalent to info mining, computing device studying, and bioinformatics.
Clustering is still a colourful zone of analysis in facts. even though there are numerous books in this subject, there are quite few which are good based within the theoretical points. In strong Cluster research and Variable choice, Gunter Ritter offers an summary of the idea and functions of probabilistic clustering and variable choice, synthesizing the most important study result of the final 50 years.
Key FeaturesTargets vast and fashionable markets the place subtle internet apps are of want and value. useful examples of establishing desktop studying internet software, that are effortless to stick with and reflect. A complete educational on Python libraries and frameworks to get you up and began. booklet DescriptionPython is a common objective and in addition a relatively effortless to profit programming language.
This quantity includes 69papers provided at ICICT 2015: foreign Congress on info andCommunication know-how. The convention used to be held in the course of ninth and 10thOctober, 2015, Udaipur, India and arranged through CSI Udaipur bankruptcy, DivisionIV, SIG-WNS, SIG-e-Agriculture in organization with ACM Udaipur ProfessionalChapter, The establishment of Engineers (India), Udaipur neighborhood Centre and MiningEngineers organization of India, Rajasthan Udaipur bankruptcy.
- Computational Intelligence in Data Mining - Volume 1: Proceedings of the International Conference on CIDM, 20-21 December 2014 (Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies)
- Machine Learning for Protein Subcellular Localization Prediction
- Proceedings of the International Conference on Soft Computing Systems: ICSCS 2015, Volume 2 (Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing)
- SAP Lumira Essentials
Extra resources for Learning Apache Cassandra - Second Edition